Put on your suit; drink some freshly squeezed orange juice; cuddle your childhood soft toy; high-five your dog; paint your toenails with turquoise glitter and read this list of things that make me happy:
- Magazines; particularly Glamour. I like having a large stack of old magazines. I don’t know why. I’m sorry I made you pack all the old magazines into boxes to take to the new house mum. I can’t explain the obsession. I don’t even read the old ones. One day I’ll use the old copies to make a fort in which I can read new copies….or I’ll have friends
- Don’t trust the b in apartment 23 – I’ve been told I’m a lot like Chloe, but I sleep to much. She is the persona I wish I could keep up with
- Black coffee with brown sugar
- The smart/casual look will always make me flutter my eyelashes
- Anything and everything to do with dinosaurs. I can’t wait to own my own flat so I can finally put up my glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs.
- Camping. I’d happily camp for ages, which is perfect as I don’t have a job for after uni yet. Homelessness and a hobby combined – silver lining.
- Snow leopards – the only type of cat I like and they happen to be my favourite animal. I donate monthly to keeping them around because I want to be able to show them to my children. Plus they’re fluffy.
- Vintage jewelry and furniture. However, I think it losses some of its charm if you don’t know the story.
- Speaking of which…Stories! Everyone and everything has a story. I have 2 ears – 1 of which works, so sit on the left of me and tell, me, everything!
- Dressing up and acting as whatever I’m dressed up as. I’m so excited for RagRace, (fancy dress pub crawl in Bognor Regis; come along it’s super fun) I’m going as a Viking and I’m committing to the role all day. I’m going to claim so much territory.
- Working out HOWEVER, I don’t like how tired it makes me. If anyone has a solution/hulk-like-potion then please let me know.
- Puppies – the wrinklier the better – and I am talking about dogs not breasts here. Breasts are lovely too, but this bullet point is about dogs.
- Millionaire Matchmaker – Patti Stanger can be as mean to me as she wants, just set me up with a loaded hunk mmmkay?
- When you’ve been sat in the sun for a while and your skin just feels warm. It’s worth all the premature aging to feel that content.
- The ‘your face’ joke. It’s not a joke. It’s an unwitty comeback that makes me laugh. Shut-up.
- Pimms o’clock though I don’t understand the fruit. As a student I think buying the fruit is a waste of money because I’m not about to eat soggy strawberries.
- Men. Mmmm men. I’m a ladyperv and I’m okay with it.
- Travelling – every place is an adventure. Whether it’s travelling around Europe with my best friend, or going for a walk with a housemate. Everywhere has exploring potential.
I want to fill my life with these things, whilst finding out new things that put a smile on my face. Feel free to message me anything that makes you happy/you think would make me and other readers smile, and I’ll be sure to shout about it.
Hopefully these sentiments will help you guys out too because they sure have helped me. These are obvious things that I’ve only just learnt because I’m an adultchild; I’m in childulthood:
- We don’t need to be friends with everyone, just the people who make us genuinely happy
- Happiness is not a destination, it’s a way of life
- Just because someone deserves something, doesn’t mean we have the right to give it to them
- Relaxing is as important as being productive
- Don’t worry too much about money, you can always earn more
I woke up with a ridiculous headache and in an awful mood. Writing makes me happier than anything or anyone. I’m so glad I have this blog, even if I’m awful at continuity. Thanks for reading, you’ve made my day.